Welcome to Dover Sherborn Girls Youth Lacrosse!
We are currently looking for Youth Lacrosse Coaches for our 3/4th grade and 7/8th grade programs. We are also looking for Select Team coaches. The Select Team program (for our more advanced players) meets and plays on a separate schedule, so a hired coach could coach a town AND select team.
If you have experience playing / coaching girls lacrosse and working with elementary and middle school age kids, we would love to hear from you.
The role of Head Coach is a paid position.
Approximate ON FIELD time commitment: 6-8hr/week
- Planning two practices a week that includes warm-up, tactical skills and drills, and simulated game situations
- Teaching players positions and rules
- Coaching games on SUNDAYS (home and away)
- Adhering to any existing or potential COVID-19 Plan to ensure health and safety of players and coaches
- Encourage sportsmanship, team work and healthy competitive play
- Experience coaching girls lacrosse(any age group).
- Played lacrosse at the collegiate level preferred. Competitive club or high school lacrosse acceptable
- Has experience working with elementary age children, e.g., coaching, camp counselor, or teacher.
- Willing to obtain a USLacrosse Membership - we will reimburse.(Background screening and SafeSport training required)
Typical Practice Schedule:
- Monday and Wednesday TIME TBD based on your availability - 90 minutes between 3:45 and 7:30pm
- League Games are on SUNDAYS
- Select Team practices on Tuesdays at or around 6:00pm
- Select Team games are on FRIDAYS after 6:00pm
- The FGLL season is approx. 10 weeks long with 5 games for 1/2 and 8 games for 3rd-8th grade.
- End of March - Mid June. (April vacation week and Memorial Day Weekend OFF)
Please reach out to Meggan Newmarker: email@example.com